About new e-Invoice Portal
On 25th of February, 2023, the Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) has made an announcement regarding four new Invoice Reporting Portals (IRPs). This step has been taken by the GST department for providing ease of information. For providing e-Invoice compliance in a user-friendly way so that every taxpayer can check their enablement status, search for IRNs etc. GSTIN has made this happen to make it easy for GST taxpayers to find everything at one platform.
All that is required, is to login into the new e-invoice portal using their GSTN information. To make it more clear, “einvoice.gst.gov.in” is the main and reference site for getting news and updates including the latest releases. However, for registering under the new e-Invoice Portal, you still need to visit “einvoiceX.gst.gov.in”.
Here is the URLs of IRPS given below:-
- <einvoice1.gst.gov.in> – ACTIVE
- <einvoice3.gst.gov.in> – Will Be Available Soon
- <einvoice4.gst.gov.in> – Will Be Available Soon
- <einvoice6.gst.gov.in> – Will Be Available Soon
Note:- Taxpayer can still continue to report e-invoices on NIC IRP portal <einvoice1.gst.gov.in>
Official Wordings of GST
Advisory on New e-Invoice Portal
Dear Valued Taxpayers,
- We would like to inform you that GSTN has onboarded four new IRPs (Invoice Reporting Portals) for reporting e-invoices in addition to NIC-IRP. As a result, the beta launch of a new e-Invoice portal (www.einvoice.gst.gov.in), has been done where taxpayers can find comprehensive information on e-invoice compliance in a user-friendly format, such as check your enablement status, self-enable themselves for invoicing, search for IRNs, web links to all IRP portals – all the relevant links/information in one convenient location. Taxpayers can log in to the new e-invoice portal using their GSTN credentials for select services pertaining to their GSTIN profiles.
- Taxpayers may note that the portal <einvoice.gst.gov.in> is reference site for all masters (data), news and updates, latest releases etc. For registering e-invoices and to access APIs, you still need to go to <einvoiceX.gst.gov.in> sites. The urls of IRPs sites authorised to generate IRNs as on date are as follows:
URL URL Activation Status
<einvoice3.gst.gov.in> Shall be available soon
<einvoice4.gst.gov.in> Shall be available soon
<einvoice6.gst.gov.in> Shall be available soon
Also, at the helpdesk for e-invoice issues, for supporting the taxpayers vis-a-vis IRP issues is available at our Grievance Redressal Portal <selfservice.gstsystem.in> where the relevant IRP can be selected using the dropdown created for each of the private IRP.
- Please note that taxpayers can continue to report e-invoices on the NIC IRP portal <einvoice1.gst.gov.in> as previously.
- GSTN is committed to making your compliance journey as smooth as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your cooperation.
GSTIN has made it an enjoyable seamless experience for taxpayers of e-Invoice Compliances. It is a national e-invoice portal that shall provide you with all the comprehensive information. New e-Invoice Portal will be serving the taxpayers with the four essential features:-
- Check Enablement Status
- Search for IRNs
- Self-enabling for invoicing
- Web-link to all IRPs
To download or look at the official copy of the Advisory, below is the copy given which you can download or look into for your convenience. For any GST related query, feel free to get assistance from the experts here at EAdvisors.